Kaplan University’s vision is to be the best educator for careers by serving as a lifelong partner for career improvement by delivering a best-in-class educational experience, with an unmatched commitment to student success.
How do we do that?
Our students expedite the speed with which they earn their degrees through the use of:
- experiential learning portfolios
- assessment of prior learning
- articulation of corporate and military training
- transfer credits
Many, many students benefit from these programs. In 2014–2015, more than 17,000 students had more than one million credits transferred to their Kaplan University transcript representing tuition savings of nearly $346 million.
We offer competency-based education. Students embark on an efficient journey to degree completion while obtaining the following:
- GENERAL EDUCATION LITERACIES: competencies related to critical thinking, reasoning, and writing skills across nine areas of literacy.
- PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES: competencies that describe professional behaviors that lead to success in a work environment (including teamwork, leadership, personal presentation, and multiculturalism and diversity).
- COURSE OUTCOMES: discipline-specific learning outcomes embedded in each course (see sample competency report below).
Ninety-five percent of our students are nontraditional, including those older than 18–22, who attend part time, work full time, and are often single parents, among others.
Our students learn. As an example, our MBA students come in knowing less than the average of students at other universities (45.79%* vs. 43.60%†) and perform better on exit tests (53.85%* vs. 59.95%†).
We are proud of the quality of our programs and excited to be able to address the skills gap in America.
Dr. Betty Vandenbosch
Click here to view archived messages.