Kaplan University has some wonderful accomplishments in 2016 that are not often recognized or celebrated. And none of it could be accomplished without the hard work and dedication of our students, our faculty and our staff.
We witnessed 10,484 Kaplan University students earn their degrees. Many of them walked and celebrated their hard earned achievements at one of 20 graduation ceremonies held throughout the year. Big congratulations to each of them!
Last year, 738,948 transfer credits were awarded to our students, collectively saving them approximately $250 million dollars.
Our staff worked tirelessly to support our students on their educational journey:
- Reviewing 6,900 student resumes
- Interacting on more than 59,000 job leads
- Handling 406,658 inbound financial aid calls
- Making 13 million education advising outbound phone calls
- Maintaining a 90% overall student satisfaction score
Our faculty are equally amazing:
- Helping to create 62 new courses
- Reviewing over 8.2 million student posts
- Spending more than 55.5 million minutes (or 925,000 hours) in their classrooms
Thirteen of our faculty members also found time in 2016 to continue their own education by earning various doctoral degrees (DBA, DNP, EdD and/or PhD).
All of this happened while Kaplan University earned 10 more years of regional accreditation (through 2025–2026) from The Higher Learning Commission following a comprehensive peer review process.
I could go on and on. Big or small, I hope your 2017 adds up to something momentous!
Dr. Betty Vandenbosch
Click here to view archived messages.