About this time each year, I like to look back at the year that was.
The sixth annual Kaplan University Academic Report, The Year in Review was recently published. The report includes a transparent read-out of our accomplishments, outcomes, and ongoing progress on key institutional metrics over the last academic year.
It covers the academic year beginning July 1, 2014 and ending June 30, 2015 in about 50 pages and exhibits what we are most proud of—the transformative difference we make in the lives of our students and graduates. Throughout, we feature student and graduate spotlights so you can get to know them and truly see the impact of a Kaplan University education.
Highlights from the report include:
- Kaplan University conferred 12,659 degrees in the academic year.
- Seventy-five percent of Kaplan University students for the 2014-2015 academic year were female, while 59 percent were over the age of 30.
- In an annual survey of recent graduates and alumni, 94 percent said they believe what they learned at Kaplan University will help them reach my personal and career goals.
- $35.8 million in scholarships was awarded to over 48 million students, an increase from last year ($23.9 million).
- Forty-three percent of Kaplan University faculty members have doctoral degrees.
- Kaplan University continues to be a military-friendly higher education institution and the academic choice of more than 9,000 military-related students including active U.S. military, veterans and military spouses. Military Edge magazine named the University to its top 20 “Best for Vets” list of schools offering online education for the second consecutive year.
- Kaplan University’s Research Pipeline has partnered with Stanford University’s PERTS (Project for Education Research That Scales) and collaborated with scientists including, John Sweller, PhD of the University of New South Wales, Todd Rogers, PhD of Harvard University and Mesmin Destin, PhD of Northwestern University.
You can read through the digital version of the Academic Report here.
Wishing you the best during this holiday season,
Dr. Betty Vandenbosch