Every Credit Counts Scholarship
Kaplan University has established the Every Credit Counts Scholarship for new students enrolling in Kaplan University’s undergraduate degree programs.
$500 per-term tuition reduction ($250 per-term reduction for Bachelor of Science in Nursing students in the term in which they take NU 300 or in the term in which only EL 206 is taken), with a maximum value of $8,500 for a bachelor's degree or $4,500 for an associate's degree.
Eligibility Requirements Overview:
- Must be a first-time enrollee in an undergraduate degree program at Kaplan University; continuing, certificate, and graduate students and enrollees in bachelor’s and associate’s degrees eligible for Kaplan University Tuition Cap pricing* are not eligible.
- Must meet all Kaplan University admissions requirements for the undergraduate degree program, including GED or high school equivalent, and be fully accepted into one of the Kaplan University eligible online undergraduate degree programs.
- School of Nursing students must have achieved a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least a 3.0 out of 4.0 on the submitted prior coursework.
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 quarter credit hour at a regionally or nationally accredited institution other than Kaplan University.
- Must complete and submit the Kaplan University Every Credit Counts Scholarship application prior to or at the time of enrollment.
- Starting in the first term, students must take a minimum of 2 courses per term (except in the term in which only EL 206 is taken) and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (for School of Nursing students, one course in the term in which NU 300 is taken and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.7).
- Must be continuously enrolled; withdrawing from school or not starting classes in the first term will result in ineligibility.
- Students who complete a program and are immediately (defined as the first term on the same calendar track available for re-enrollment after graduation) re-enrolling to complete another undergraduate degree are eligible for the Scholarship (any break between degrees will result in ineligibility for the Scholarship). Students will not lose scholarships during approved leaves of absence and must return within the approved timeframe to retain eligibility.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Unofficial or official transcript must be provided prior to enrollment for online students (prior to the end of the fourth week for campus and learning center students). If the transcript is not provided prior to enrollment online students (prior to the end of the fourth week for campus and learning center students), the student will not be eligible for the Every Credit Counts Scholarship and will be responsible for full tuition costs.
- If the student meets all eligibility criteria to qualify, the Scholarship will be applied after the end of the term as a credit of $500.00 ($250.00 for Bachelor of Science in Nursing students in the term in which they take NU 300 or in the term in which EL 206 is taken) towards the following term based on the prior term’s CGPA. There is no tuition reduction for the first term after initial enrollment. The Scholarship will be applied up to a maximum value of $8,500 toward a bachelor’s degree or $4,500 toward an associate’s degree.
- The Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Kaplan University tuition reductions (including active-duty and veterans military tuition rates), grants, vouchers, or other scholarships.
- To remain eligible, students must consistently maintain a CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for all undergraduate degree programs, except enrollees in the School of Nursing, who are required to maintain a 3.7 CGPA, for the duration of their program at Kaplan University to maintain the award. If the student was awarded the Scholarship and does not maintain the required CGPA, he or she will not be eligible to receive the Scholarship. This can result in an out-of-pocket payment.
- If a student fails and retakes a course, Scholarship money will not be re-awarded for that course.
- Must remain in good financial standing with Kaplan University.
- All required documents must be on file at Kaplan University for the Scholarship to be awarded.
- Must be continuously enrolled at Kaplan University. Students who withdraw will no longer be eligible for the Every Credit Counts Scholarship.
Applicants who do not meet the Scholarship eligibility criteria will be informed via email.
Award of Scholarship does not mean that submitted prior coursework is accepted for transfer credit toward a degree. To submit prior coursework for consideration as transfer credit toward completion of your Kaplan University degree, please refer to the Prior Learning Assessment policies and requirements in the University Catalog.
*AAS in Business Administration, AAS in Criminal Justice and Criminology, AAS in Legal Support and Services, AAS in Public Safety and Security, BS in Business Administration, BS in Corrections, BS in Criminal Justice, BS in Early Childhood Administration, BS in Psychology in Addictions, BS in Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis, and BS in Psychology in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.