Ceremony Info, Eligibility, and Diplomas (Chicago Ceremony)
What to Expect on Graduation Day
To help you prepare for the big day, watch this short video to the left which explains where to go and what to do when you arrive at the theater. Be sure to follow the steps below to register for the ceremony by April 5, 2017.
Students are eligible to walk in the graduation ceremony if they have completed all graduation requirements prior to the ceremony date. Students should contact Education Advising to review their remaining credits and requirements in order to determine their degree completion date. Online students can reach Education Advising at 866.522.7747. Ground campus and Learning Center students should contact their Academic team for assistance.
Graduation for Online Graduates
June 3, 2017, Chicago O'Hare/Rosemont, IL
The Rosemont Theatre
5400 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Guest Limit: 5 guests per graduate.
Students must complete their degree by June 2, 2017 to be eligible for this ceremony.
Two Ceremonies, All Degree Levels, Divided by School/Program:
Ceremony 1: 9:30 am CT
Commencement for graduates in the Schools of Business and Technology and Health Sciences
Ceremony 2: 1:30 pm CT
Commencement for graduates in the Schools of Education and Nursing, the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Concord Law School
Click here for the full schedule.
Flower Pre-Order Sales
Guests of graduates may pre-order flowers from Flowers for Dreams now through June 1, 2017. Click here to place an order.
Step 1: Register. Registration for this ceremony has ended. There is no late registration period.
Step 2: Order your cap and gown. The deadline to place orders online was April 27. Contact Jostens at 800.854.7464 to place your order. Late orders are not guaranteed and may be subject to late fees and/or rush shipping fees. Caps and gowns are not provided by Kaplan University and will not be sold on-site.
Step 3: Make any necessary travel plans. Visit the Travel to Graduation page for more info.
- April 5, 2017–Last day to register to attend the June 3 graduation in Chicago. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- April 5, 2017–Last day to submit video entries for the vocalist contest.
- April 27, 2017–Last day for graduates to order their caps and gowns. Orders after April 27 are not guaranteed and may be subject to late fees and rush shipping fees.
- April 27, 2017–Last day for registered graduates to cancel their attendance without being charged the $125 penalty fee. Email email@example.com to cancel.
- May 2, 2017–Last day to reserve a hotel room at the discounted rates.* Visit the Travel to Graduation page for more information.
*Hotel reservation deadlines vary. Visit the Hotel page to view each hotel’s deadline.