Student Advisory Board
Kaplan University Student Advisory Board
For more information about the Student Advisory Board, email email@example.com.
The purpose of the Student Advisory Board is to provide a forum for student representatives to discuss academic related issues and to provide recommendations concerning such issues to the Chief Academic Officer.
Benefits of Membership
- Provides Kaplan University students a method for student body advocacy
- Great resume item
- Social interaction
- Improve student experience
- Educational development opportunity
- Professional development opportunity
- Positive student recognition
- Increased student investment
- Leadership opportunity
Margaret Pugh, Kaplan University Student Advisory Board President
Margaret “Meg” Pugh grew up in the Silicon Valley of California. She is attending Kaplan University to receive her Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness and has been a student at the University since February 2014.
Her goal is to increase student involvement with the Student Advisory Board and have a lasting impact on the student experience at Kaplan University.
She participated in the internship program with Kaplan Consulting and was an original Happy Health Hub Team Lead.
In her free time, Meg enjoys snowboarding, cycling, snorkeling, photography, and videography. She has competed in the X Games, Dew Tour, Grand Prix, and World Championships in the snowboarding halfpipe.
Camie Ayash, Kaplan University Student Advisory Board Vice President
Camie Ayash is attending Kaplan University to receive her Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Development and has been a student at the University since February 2015. She is scheduled to graduate in the fall of 2017.
Her goal as Student Advisory Board Vice President is to advocate the needs of students, connect and communicate with students and faculty, and learn to serve students more efficiently and effectively while building a strong educational community.
Camie has a passion for advocacy. She is a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) where she works with abused and neglected children and she is a Community Ambassador for Autism Speaks where she helps to educate the public on autism and helps families locate resources. She is also interning at Vanderbilt Hospital in the Kennedy Center for Autism.
She enjoys being involved at Kaplan University and taking on leadership roles. Camie currently serves as President of Autism Speaks U and the Educators Club, and is also the undergraduate student representative on the Academic Administrative Council.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, reading classic literature, and traveling abroad.
The Academic Governance Manual is the guiding document for the academic governance of the University. The following content is reflected in the up-to-date manual.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Review issues, policies, and/or procedures related to the academic quality of the University.
- Provide recommendations regarding academic issues, policies, and procedures to the chief academic officer.
- Students currently serving on other Kaplan University governance committees.
- Additional students are appointed by the Dean of each school for a 1-year term. Students are given the option to self-nominate for Dean consideration.
- One student representative from each campus and learning center appointed by the senior vice president of campuses/learning centers for a 1-year term.
Student Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
The Student Advisory Board holds meetings on a monthly schedule; meeting minutes will be added to this site each quarter. To access a PDF of the meeting minutes, click on the link below.