Assistance for Veterans Regarding GI Bill Acceptance at Ashford University
A special team within our Military Student Support Center can provide you a detailed analysis of your options to transfer and complete your degree at Kaplan University, should you determine this is the right option for you.
- Step 1: In most cases, within 1 business day, we will determine how much of the work you have completed at Ashford University will transfer to Kaplan University.
- Step 2: We will evaluate your military transcripts for additional credit through our PME2Degree program, which places a high value on military training and experience.
- Step 3: Based on the information you give the support team, we will provide an estimate to determine if your GI Bill benefits will cover all tuition and fees at Kaplan University, as is the case for many veterans.
With your education plan mapped out, we invite you to be certain you can study with confidence at Kaplan University. Here are a few reasons why:
- Kaplan University is regionally accredited.
- Pending regulatory approvals, Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, is expected to acquire Kaplan University in the first quarter of 2018 and create a new, nonprofit, public institution (“NewU,” actual name to be determined) within the Purdue system. Students who transfer to Kaplan University and who satisfactor
ily complete their programs will be awarded an accredited credential from NewU, which will be part of the Purdue University system. Learn more.
- On average, Kaplan University accepts approximately 55% of the credits required for an associate’s degree and approximately 35% of the credits required for a bachelor’s degree through any combination of a military student’s prior learning.*
Important: the decision to transfer schools should only be made after careful consideration. The information and services outlined above are meant to inform you of your options at Kaplan University. Before you decide to transfer, we urge you to carefully consider information provided by the VA and your current school.
Contact the Military Student Support Center to learn more at 866.579.2104.
*Source: Office of the Registrar, July 2017. Credits earned in a prior Kaplan University associate’s degree and applied as part of a pool of prior degree credit toward a Kaplan University bachelor’s degree are not included in this calculation. Individual savings vary.