Military Family Scholarship Program
The Kaplan University/American Freedom Foundation (AFF) Scholarship Program
We will be awarding scholarships for 47% off the regular per-credit tuition rate—resulting in a savings of $15,840 (associate’s degree) or $31,680 (bachelor’s degree) for those who complete the program and have no transfer credit or prior learning savings.
The mission of the American Freedom Foundation (AFF) is to honor the men and women of our armed forces and to raise awareness of their service and sacrifice. In that proud spirit, Kaplan University and the AFF joined forces to offer scholarships designed to support both family members of current and prior U.S military service personnel and Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian employees and their family members (spouses and dependents).
"The sacrifice of our military's family members is too often overlooked. With deep appreciation, these scholarships are dedicated to them." –Sergeant Major of the Army (Retired), Jack L. Tilley, Cofounder, Chairman, and CEO of the American Freedom Foundation
Actual tuition savings will vary based on the length of the program and the number of credits required to graduate. Certificate savings will be lower. Military spouses and dependents receive an average of 36 quarter credit hours of their program through transfer credit/prior learning. Source: Office of the Chief Academic Officer, 2016.
The Kaplan University/American Freedom Foundation Scholarship Program will award up to a total of 750 partial tuition scholarships to qualified students to complete an associate's or bachelor's degree or undergraduate certificate at Kaplan University.
Partial Scholarship Opportunity
The American Freedom Foundation Partial Scholarship Award covers tuition costs over $195 per credit. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) from high school or prior college studies if applicable.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
- Complete the online application at https://aim.applyists.net/KUMilitary. Please note, the scholarship application processing site is hosted by an independent service, ISTS, and the first prompt will be an account login/registration request.
- Applications will be accepted through December 8, 2017, or until 750 awards have been granted; whichever arrives sooner; you must be a first-time Kaplan University student to apply.
- Following the application a representative will contact you in within 2 weeks regarding your application.
- If accepted, the advisor can assist you in the enrollment process into your selected area of study. Terms start approximately once per month. An advisor will also help you determine if you have prior coursework or experience that could shorten the number of courses needed to graduate.
- If applicable, you will be connected with the financial aid office to help determine your eligibility for federal financial aid and information and assistance in using military benefits such the MyCAA program or the GI Bill for eligible spouses and programs.
- The Scholarship may be used in any undergraduate degree or certificate program except for the Associate of Science in Nursing, Prelicensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or Practical Nursing Diploma.
Reduced tuition rate is awarded on a per-term basis provided the student maintains continuing eligibility requirements. Please see full terms and conditions at https://aim.applyists.net/KUMilitary. Scholarship awards and eligibility requirements are subject to change. Scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Kaplan University discount (including tuition rates for members of the military and veterans), voucher, grant, or scholarship or Kaplan University Tuition Cap pricing.