Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
An associate’s degree in public safety and security can help you pursue a career in the public safety and security fields—rewarding professions that offer individuals an opportunity to make an immediate impact securing the safety of individuals and establishments in their community.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, America will need more than 56,000 new private detectives, investigators, and security professionals between 2014 and 2024.‡ The online associate’s degree in public safety and security from Kaplan University focuses on:
- Foundational knowledge of public safety and security, including practical and technical skills and competencies required by many public safety and private security firms.
- Skills to properly prepare, plan, and execute decisive and appropriate public safety and security plans of action
- Critical-thinking, decision-making, and communications skills and knowledge relevant to supporting public safety initiatives
- Professors in this degree program are public safety and security professionals who bring real-world knowledge to the courses they teach.
Career paths that graduates can pursue include†:
- Private security
- Corporate security
- Risk and security management
At this time, residents of the following states may not enroll in the online Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security program: Delaware, Kentucky, and Minnesota.