Associate of Science Degree in Professional Studies
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies (ASPr) at Open College at Kaplan University (OC@KU) is an interdisciplinary degree program designed for self-motivated students who have earned their high school diploma and have completed at least one prior college course.
The associate's degree in professional studies is an excellent choice if you want to build your own degree with curriculum from Kaplan University and beyond. The program is affordable and flexible, and prepares you to pursue your Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies at OC@KU, or enroll in a more structured online bachelor’s degree program at Kaplan University.
As a student, you’ll custom design a degree pathway known as an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP). The ILP is a roadmap that includes:
- A career goal statement that enables you and your faculty advisor to identify potential course assessments and learning options to fulfill the degree requirements
- A review of previously earned college credit
- An analysis of previous experience that can be evaluated for college credit
- Potential course assessments to earn credit by examination
- Learning required to meet the degree program
The open degree program provides you with the flexibility of learning through resources that come from within and outside Kaplan University—including MOOCs. You may receive degree credit for prior coursework from an accredited institution, an experiential portfolio, open courses, examinations, military training, or other experiential learning.*
The ASPr degree program is focused on professional knowledge and skills development, project management, problem solving, and strategic planning, and culminates in a capstone class with a portfolio project.
- Designed to allow creation of a program that meets your professional and personal interests.
- Offers flexibility in choosing your elective courses alongside required general education coursework.
- Applies to a wide variety of possible career outcomes based on your interests.
- Offers you flexibility through an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Customized degree plan allows for previously earned credit to be applied in a more flexible fashion.
- Prepares you to pursue a bachelor’s degree at OC@KU or Kaplan University.
- Allows you to earn an affordable degree from an accredited university.
Tuition and Fees Information
Learn about the tuition and fees associated with the Associate of Science in Professional Studies program at Kaplan University.Download Tuition and Fees Information