Stanley W. Self, DBA, DBS, CFE
Dr. Self began teaching at Kaplan University in October 2010. He has been an instructor and course lead for AC 113, AC 256, and AC 302. He currently serves as course lead and instructor for AC 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Accounting; GB: 518 Financial Accounting Principles and Analysis; and GB: 519 Decision Making and Analysis. Dr. Self began teaching after a successful career in the US Navy, in which he served as a deep-sea diver, and aboard two nuclear-powered submarines.
After his military active duty ended, he earned a Master of Business Administration and went to work in the accounting department for a major U.S. steamship agency. After serving as controller and CFO in several companies, including a major Texaco distributor, Dr. Self became CEO and chairman of the executive board in a not-for-profit company. Dr. Self continues to serve as consultant and volunteer for the organization.
- Doctorate in Business Administration with concentration in accounting, Argosy University, Sarasota
- Doctorate in Biblical Studies, Master’s Graduate School of Divinity
- Master of Business Administration, University of South Alabama
- Graduate Certificate in Not-for-Profit Organizations, Louisiana State University, Shreveport
- Graduate Certificate in Finance, Cornell University