Step 1: Decide if You Are Attending or Not Attending a Ceremony
If You Are Not Attending a Ceremony
If you are not attending, please fill out the registration form so the Office of the Registrar will automatically mail your diploma approximately eight weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog.
Step 3: Register and Pay to Attend the Ceremony
To register for the Maine Ceremony, please follow this 2-step registration process.
Step 1: Complete the online registration form no later than April 16, 2017. Students must register to attend the summer ceremony by April 16, 2017. Note: it is not necessary to wait until you reach your final term to register. As long as your completion date is by May 31, 2017, you may register as soon as registration opens.
Step 2: Order your cap and gown. Caps and gowns are not sold by Kaplan University and will not be available for purchase at the graduation venue. Therefore, students who were admitted to Kaplan University through the South Portland, Lewiston, or Augusta campuses, must use the registration form to order regalia and all other students must use the Josten’s link provided. Cap and gown orders take up to 6 weeks to process so it is recommended that orders are placed early. The deadline to order caps and gowns for the Maine ceremony is April 16, 2017.
- Make your travel plans. Students who do not reside near the ceremony venue are responsible for making all necessary travel plans to get to the ceremony. We recommend booking your airfare and hotel early to avoid high prices.*
- Watch your email for important updates and graduation information concerning the Maine ceremony. If you move, please contact email@example.com with an updated address as the information may be mailed and/or emailed to the address provided on your participation form.
* In the event of a schedule change, Kaplan University is not responsible for reimbursing travel costs or other expenditures associated with attending the ceremony.
Step 5: What to Expect Graduation Day
June 10, 2017 Maine Ceremony Schedule
- 9:45 am—Graduate Check-in for the Morning Ceremony, Rehearsal Hall
- 10:00 am—Auditorium doors open for the guest seating
- 11:00 am–1:00 pm—Graduation Ceremony
- Be Prepared to Walk—Before processing into the auditorium, you will line up in a holding area with your classmates. There is moderate distance between the holding area and the auditorium, which does include stairs. If you or a family member needs any special accommodations please make sure to fill out that information when asked this question on the registration form.
- Do Not Arrive Earlier Than Requested—While we encourage you to arrive early enough to become familiar with the area, if you do not have questions or do not require assistance, please refrain from arriving earlier than requested to avoid long wait periods.
- Parking—Reasonably priced parking is available in the Top of the Old Port lot located on the corner of Franklin and Congress Street beginning at 9:00 am. They only accept cash payments and typically the charge has been $10.00 for the event. There are other parking options also available in the area. Keep in mind, street parking is metered parking with a maximum of two hours or there are some areas that operate kiosks, so it may be best to park in a lot.