Sign Up for Maine Graduation
The Kaplan University South Portland, Lewiston, and Augusta campuses in Maine host one graduation ceremony per year in June. The next Maine ceremony will be Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Kaplan University campus and online students are eligible to walk in the graduation ceremony if they have completed or will complete all graduation requirements prior to May 31, 2017.
Schedule at a Glance–June 10, 2017
20 Myrtle Street
Portland, ME 04101
Maine Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for graduates in all programs, both undergraduate and graduate:
- 9:45 am—Graduate Check-in for the Morning Ceremony, Rehearsal Hall
- 10:00 am—Auditorium doors open for the guest seating
- 11:00 am–1:00 pm—Graduation Ceremony
You must complete the following 2 steps to attend the Maine Graduation:
STEP 1: All students must fill out the graduation registration form by April 16, 2017, regardless of whether or not you will be participating. Students who were admitted to Kaplan University through the South Portland, Lewiston, or Augusta campuses only need to complete the registration form. Click here to complete the form. All other students must complete the form AND order their regalia through the Jostens Links. Forms will not be accepted after the April 16, 2017, deadline.
STEP 2: All other students, order cap/gown/tassel with Jostens by April 16, 2017. Register via this link: http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/2025728/Kaplan-University-Online/
Guests at Graduation
- Graduation Reservations: Ceremony reservations are *not* physical tickets. To ensure that the university is in compliance with Merrill Auditorium’s fire code capacity, we will be accepting electronic reservation requests to keep a total record of guests attending graduation. Children 3 and under are expected to sit in the lap of an adult and will not require a reservation. Graduating students will not need a separate reservation. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the capacity limits in the auditorium and fire-code regulations, please be aware that we are required to limit the total number of reservations.
- April 16, 2017—Last day to register to attend the June graduation ceremony in Maine.
- April 16, 2017—Last day for graduates to order their cap and gown to attend the Maine Ceremony.
Other Campuses and Online Chicago Graduation Ceremonies
Kaplan University graduates may attend any of the Kaplan University campus ceremonies, including the online ceremony in Chicago. Click here for a list of campus commencement dates, time, and locations.
Please note that each graduation ceremony has a different registration process.
Diplomas are not distributed at the graduation ceremony. Diplomas are mailed by the Office of the Registrar approximately 8 weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog.