Sign Up for Indianapolis Graduation
The Kaplan University Indianapolis campus hosts one ceremony each year in August. The ceremony will be Saturday, August 12, 2017.
Kaplan University campus and online students are eligible to walk in the graduation ceremony if they have completed or will complete all graduation requirements prior to July 21, 2017.
Schedule at a Glance–August 12, 2017
Indiana Convention Center
100 S. Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Indianapolis Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for all students
- 11:00 am—Graduate Check-in
- 12:00 pm—Ballroom doors open for the guest seating
- 1:00 pm–3:00 pm—Ceremony
You must complete the following 3 steps to attend the Indianapolis Graduation:
STEP 1: Click here to register by completing the Indianapolis Graduation Participation form. Deadline is July 24, 2017 (forms will not be accepted after deadline).
STEP 2: After completing the Indianapolis Graduation Participation form, mail in or drop off to the Indianapolis Campus along with the $100.00 graduation fee.
STEP 3: Order Cap/Gown/Tassels with Jostens by June 26, 2017. Click here to order.
Guests at Graduation
- Each graduate may bring up to 4 guests to the ceremony. Based on the number of graduates who attend, there may be additional guest tickets available. If you would like to be placed in a lottery for two extra tickets, please note this when you register for the ceremony. Due to the capacity limits at the venue and fire-code regulations, we are required to limit the number of tickets per graduate. Recipients of the extra tickets will be notified no later than July 31, 2017. There are no guarantees that you will be a lottery winner and no graduate will receive more than 6 tickets total—NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Child Seating: If the child is large enough to need his or her own seat to be comfortable, they will require a ticket. If the child is sitting on an adult's lap then they do not need a ticket.
- The graduate does not need a ticket for him or herself.
- July 24, 2017—Last day to register and pay to attend the August graduation ceremony in Indianapolis. Click here to register.
- June 26, 2017—Last day for graduates to order their cap and gown to attend the Indianapolis Ceremony. Click here to place an order through Jostens.
- July 24, 2017—Last day for registered graduates to cancel their attendance in order to receive a refund. Email Indianapolisgraduation@kaplan.edu by July 24, 2017, to cancel and make sure you get a confirmation email response back to verify receipt and avoid the cancellation fee.
Other Campuses and Online Chicago Graduation Ceremonies
Kaplan University graduates may attend any of the Kaplan University campus ceremonies, including the online ceremony in Chicago. Click here for a list of campus commencement dates, time, and locations.
Please note that each graduation ceremony has a different registration process so please click here for a list of graduation ceremony contacts from each location.
Indianapolis Graduation Ceremony Fee
The ceremony fee to the attend the Indianapolis graduation is $100.00.
The ceremony fee covers the following items:
- Graduation tickets
- Diploma cover
- Graduation program
- Honor cords for those who qualify
- Military coin for those who are active duty or veterans
- Facility and event costs
This fee does not cover the graduate's cap and gown as regalia must be ordered directly through Jostens by clicking here.
Diplomas are not distributed at the graduation ceremony. Diplomas are mailed by the Office of the Registrar approximately 8 weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog.