Ceremony Info, Eligibility, and Diplomas
The Kaplan University Hagerstown campus and Rockville Learning Center in Maryland host two graduation ceremonies per year: one in June and one in December. The next Maryland ceremony will be Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Kaplan University campus and online students are eligible to walk in the graduation ceremony if they have completed or will complete all graduation requirements prior to June 30, 2017.
Schedule at a Glance–June 4, 2017
North Hagerstown High School
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Maryland Morning Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for graduates in the Schools of Business and Technology, and Health Sciences
- 9:30 am–Graduate check-in for the morning ceremony, and family photos (optional) - high school gymnasium
- 10:00 am–Auditorium doors open for the Morning ceremony, guest seating
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm–Morning ceremony
Maryland Afternoon Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for graduates in the School of Education, Nursing, and the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 1:30 pm–Graduate check-in for the afternoon ceremony, and family photos (optional) - high school gymnasium
- 2:00 pm–Auditorium doors open for the Afternoon ceremony, guest seating
- 3:00 pm-5:00 pm–Afternoon ceremony
You must complete the following 3 steps to attend the Maryland Graduation:
STEP 1: Click here to register by completing the Maryland Graduation Participation survey. Deadline is April 28, 2017 (surveys will not be accepted after deadline)
STEP 2: Complete the Ceremony Fee Form to pay the $100.00 graduation fee. Click here to download the Ceremony Fee Form.
STEP 3: Order Cap/Gown/Tassel with Jostens by April 28, 2017. Click here to order.
Open House at the Local Kaplan University, Hagerstown Campus
Kaplan University, Hagerstown campus will host an open house from 1:00 to 3:00 pm on June 4. The open house is for graduates and their families who would like to see a Kaplan University campus and take a tour of the facility. There is also a Kaplan University sign that makes a great backdrop for photos. The location of the open house is less than a half mile away from the graduation ceremony venue, North Hagerstown High School. The address of the open house is:
Kaplan University, Hagerstown Campus
18618 Crestwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Take the second Kaplan School Entrance located at the bottom of the hill on Crestwood Drive to park and enter the facility.
Guests at Graduation
- Each graduate may bring up to 4 guests to the ceremony. Based on the number of graduates who attend, there may be additional guest tickets available. If you would like to be placed in a lottery for two extra tickets, please note this when you register for the ceremony. Due to the capacity limits in the auditorium and fire-code regulations, we are required to limit the number of tickets per graduate. Recipients of the extra ticket will be notified no later than May 8, 2017. There are no guarantees that you will be a lottery winner and no graduate will receive more than 6 tickets total—NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A live simulcast of the graduation ceremony will be streamed via Facebook in the cafeteria of North Hagerstown High School for any attendees that do not have a ticket for the auditorium. This live stream through Facebook will also be available for those who are unable to attend to view the graduation. Further instruction on how to access the live video via Facebook will be provided to graduates through email. The ceremony webcast link of the full ceremony will be added to the Graduation Center upon completion.
- Child Seating: If the child is large enough to need his or her own seat to be comfortable, they will require a ticket. If the child is sitting in an adult's lap then they do not need a ticket.
- The graduate does not need a ticket for him or herself.
- April 28, 2017–Last day to register and pay to attend the June graduation ceremony in Maryland. Click here to register.
- April 28, 2017–Last day for graduates to order their cap and gown to attend the Maryland Ceremony. Click here to place an order through Jostens.
- May 5, 2017–Last day for registered graduates to cancel their attendance in order to receive a refund. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2017, to cancel and make sure you get a confirmation email response back to verify receipt.
Other Campuses and Online Chicago Graduation Ceremonies
Kaplan University graduates may attend any of the Kaplan University campus ceremonies, including the online ceremony in Chicago. Click here for a list of campus commencement dates, time, and locations.
Please note that each graduation ceremony has a different registration process so please click here for a list of graduation ceremony contacts from each location.
Maryland Graduation Ceremony Fee
The ceremony fee to attend the Maryland graduation is $100.00.
The ceremony fee covers the following items:
- One digital upload of the graduate with the Kaplan University, Maryland President while receiving their diploma cover on stage
- Access to recorded full ceremony and summary highlight videos
- Graduation tickets
- Diploma cover
- Graduation program
- Honor cords for those who qualify
- Military coin for those who are active duty or veterans
- Facility and event costs
- Access to Facebook live stream of both ceremonies
This fee does not cover the graduate's cap and gown as regalia must be ordered directly through Jostens by clicking here.
Diplomas are not distributed at the graduation ceremony. Diplomas are mailed by the Office of the Registrar approximately 8 weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog.