APICS Supply Chain Management
American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) is the premier professional association for supply chain management and the leading provider of research, education, and certification programs that elevate supply chain excellence, innovation, and resilience.
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD), and APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference Professional (SCOR-P) designations set the industry standard. With over 45,000 members and approximately 300 channel partners, APICS is transforming the way people do business, drive growth, and reach global customers.
Kaplan University Maryland campuses, Hagerstown and Rockville, are a workforce development partner offering a suite of APICS courses to include:
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP): According to APICS, this program is: “Recognized worldwide as the premier supply chain management educational and certification program.” CSCP helps candidates demonstrate their knowledge and organizational skills for development more streamlined operations across the extended supply chain. CSCP focuses on the mastery of the extended supply chain, from organizations' suppliers through to the end customers. The CSCP designation validates professional understanding of supply chain management and the integration of operations across the extended supply chain.
- Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD): Provides candidates with the ability to understand and evaluate logistic, transportation and distribution activities within a company's global operations. CLTD focuses on the mastery of the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation and distribution industry. The CLTD designation expands candidates outlook on the logistics field and can enable them to bring new ideas to their organization.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM): Provides candidates with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company's global operations. CPIM focuses on the mastery of an organization's internal operations and provides an in-depth understanding of materials management, master scheduling, forecasting, and production planning, and provides the knowledge to apply this information across the extended supply chain.
- February 13, 2017: CLTD–Rockville campus, Monday workshop, five total: 2/13, 2/20, 3/13, 4/3, & 4/10, 8:30 am–3:30 pm.
- March 3, 2017: CLTD–Hagerstown campus, Friday workshop, five total: 3/3, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31 & 4/7, 8:30 am–4:00 pm.
- May 12, 2017: CLTD–Rockville campus, Friday workshop, five total: 5/12, 5/26, 6/9, 6/23, & 7/14, 8:30 am–3:30 pm.
- June 12, 2017: BSCM–Rockville campus, Monday workshop, four total: 6/12, 6/26, 7/10 & 7/17, 8:30 am–3:30 pm.
Space is limited. For additional information, contact John Brantley, Director of Worforce Development, at 301.766.3652 or email email@example.com or to register online, click here.
Request More InformationTo receive the Kaplan University Program Guide, including areas of study and associated career paths, please complete this information form.
*NOTE: Completing this program does not automatically certify you as a CSCP, CLTD, or CPIM. Please visit the APICS website for more information on certification eligibility and exams.
†Although certain programs are designed to prepare students to take various certification or licensing exams, Kaplan University cannot guarantee the student will be eligible to sit for or pass those exams.